Connecting to the internet problems

andywolve 17:39 14 Oct 03

Hello,

I am a subscriber to Fast4.net internet service. I joined only a few months ago. The service was great and did not have any connectivity problems.

It seems to have turn for the worse. The connecting problems started in Late August/early September. I am on Dial-up :(.
I have complained, many times, their response was to put up the subscription charge UP, from £6.99 to £8.99 per month. They said it was to buy more surf points, to enable more traffic. that was since 1st October, the service has not improved and I am not happy. I complained more, but forwarded me advice which I think has been sent to many other people. Telling me to go V21, their parent ISP, and opt for Standard. I went to check the price as it was not mentioned which is £13.99

I feel that I shouldn't have to pay more, for a service which I am not recieving. Could you please help me , on what to do?
I have now started to keep a log, which I will send to them soon.

Please Help
(V21 website: click here
and Fast4.net website: click here)

Thanks in advance

TOPCAT® 21:19 14 Oct 03

Their service is certainly going downhill as can be seen here.

click here

I would cut my losses and change to another ISP - you can check ISPreview's readers' top ten here. TC.

click here

andywolve 16:31 15 Oct 03

I will use the evidence on the website linked. And forward the link to them, with, yet again, another e-mail complaining of the service given. If things have not improved by December we will be moving ISP, in January.

Could any one recommend a broadband ISP, excluding BT, AOL, and Tiscali. Thanks

sil_ver 16:50 15 Oct 03

I see PCA are running an ad for Demon. Some while ago I used its 56K service until Freeserve etc came along as they were much cheaper. Demon was the preferred choice of a lot of businesses. I use Virgin broadband and except for a recent hiccup it has been quite reliable and speedy.

andywolve 16:56 15 Oct 03

I am thinking on going to Virgin, will the hiccup, be shortly fixed, or should I wait and see. Have you tried the customer service, if so whats that like?!

sil_ver 19:27 15 Oct 03

Suggest you wait and see as the B's dropped me again tonight albeit not for long.

sil_ver 19:30 15 Oct 03

I've not tried their customer service and am not likely to at 50p a minute.

keenan 20:17 15 Oct 03

Have used Fast4 dialup as a temporary ISP only since sept.,and have found that it is no problem connecting AM til about 5pm.
But in the evening neigh on impossible to connect.

I was paying £9.99 with click here
and had no problems and a reliable connection.
Its now £11.99 p/m

Only decided to cancel as BB became available in my area, which I now have.(not with Fast4)!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…