Confusion over BFG 6200 PCI video card

Cybermaxx 22:02 31 Jan 06

I'll cut a long and wearisome story short.......

Trying to find info. on titular card (for a work colleague who's interested in getting one, but knows nowt about vid cards)which I saw on sale at PC World (useful sometimes!) for £50. BFG 6200 PCI 128MB. Okay?

BFG site only has a 6200 BFG PCI 256MB. Emailed them to ask what sort of memory interface it uses (64 bit or 128 bit), and also asked why the 128MB version isn't on the site. First they said it was 128 bit, but linked to the AGP page which has both 128 and 256MB cards. After reminding them it was the PCI version I was after, they emailed back saying it is in fact 64 bit and they only make a 256MB version! I'm now confused!

click here

and the final email I received:-

"Unfortunatly, we have no plans to produce a 6200 128Mb PCI card at this time (so the only 6200 PCI we have has 256Mb of memory). That explains why there's not a page up for it on the webpage. The 6200 256Mb PCI uses a 64-bit memory interface.

Sorry again for any confusion, let us know if you require any further assistance.

Thank you,
Chris G
BFG Support"

No, it doesn't explain anything, because the 128MB PCI card is sitting on PC World's shelves even as I sit here typing this!

Summary:- where can I get info. onthe BFG nVidia 6200 PCI 128MB video card? I certainly can't get any useful info. from BFG!

hzhzhz 22:33 31 Jan 06

This any help? click here

Cybermaxx 22:40 31 Jan 06

Thanks for that. An interesting browse. Not specifically PCI, though.

Hmmm, maybe I'm confused. Must have another look to PC World (with my camera, this time!). Maybe I've gotten my card brands mixed up or something. Possible, but I don't think so........

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…