Confused about dead pixels?

Spook Tooth 12:54 19 Mar 03

Tom's hardware might enlighten you, though it is clear not all manufacturers interpret the problem of malfunctioning LCD pixels the same way:

click here

« Ravin » 17:53 19 Mar 03

very interesting read..thanks spook

Spook Tooth 18:22 19 Mar 03

No worries.

bvw in bristol 18:56 19 Mar 03

Thanks Spook, very helpful link. Looking to purchase an LCD in the coming months and this will have some bearing on my choice.

Djohn 19:30 19 Mar 03

Thanks for the link, by the way, did you get your memory? J.

Spook Tooth 20:04 19 Mar 03

No probs boys - hope you find something that meets your needs, bvw in bristol.

Djohn - I did, it arrived super quick too and is now installed. How's things running with your computer? Did you notice much of a performance gain with your own PC, and hows that new monitor? Would you recommend it?

regard, Spook

Djohn 00:44 20 Mar 03

Didn't notice at first, as I already had 512m, and I changed to XP more or less at the same time as installing the extra 512m. But have realised over the past week that I can have quite a few programs open and do other things at the same time. Don't think I've placed any stress on it yet!

The monitor is terrific thank you, and I would recommend it to anyone, Very happy at the mo. J.

Spook Tooth 10:13 20 Mar 03

Power to your PC, Djohn - glad the monitor worked out all right for you.

Battlefield 1942 retails for just £20 by the way, it would run very nicely on your 'puter I think...!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…