Computers from Evesham computers

peg leg 18:50 28 Dec 04

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has any experiences of Evesham computers.

All the manufacturers look good on paper but what about when something goes wrong!

I like the look and price of some of Eveshams desktops but is their customer support any good once they have your money?

Has anyone bought from Evesham,if so what was the experience,good or not so good.

Thanks

bremner 19:11 28 Dec 04

Evesham are one of the more highly thought of suppliers around.

I always rcommend them together with Mesh when collegues ask for recommendations.

They make excellent machines and have a better than average aftersales reputation.

However like all manufacturers you will find someone who has had a poor experience and would not buy from them again. This is as is often the case a vocal minority and in this case small minority.

Rhua 19:19 28 Dec 04

I certainly concur with Bremner’s comments on Evesham Computers. I have had four over ten years and all are still running. Minor problems in the early days after delivery were dealt with speedily. Defects during warranty were handled promptly and without hassle.

peg leg 19:29 28 Dec 04

Thanks guys,

rhua,did you have to use their tech support line and was it premium rate or national rate?

Richardx 20:55 28 Dec 04

Thoroughly recommended. My experiences over the last few years have been very positive.

Operating system and hardware support
calls are charged at national rate. Application and software support* calls are charged at £1 per minute

There is also support available via email or of course you can use this forum!

spuds 20:57 28 Dec 04
  24bitkid 21:33 28 Dec 04

My new Evesham came with no keyboard or mouse and with someone else's hard drive (with their data on it). Added to that the tower unit had very poor build quality, for example only one screw holding the floppy disc drive in place.

Had a full refund and got extra money for having to purchase a new keyboard and mouse.

Although Evesham reacted quickly to resolve my problem, I wouldn't order again from them.

bfoc 22:00 28 Dec 04

Is that I have recommended numbers of people to purchase machines from Evesham and have set up their machines for them. I have never had a problem with other peoples machines.

The only problem I had was with my own machine, which was faulty on delivery (but I am generally unlucky!). This was sorted promptly and to my complete satisfaction.

I would argue that one simply has to accept that, from time to time, problems can happen with any new purchase. What matters to me is how quickly and sensibly this is put right. So far Evesham, and their active presence on this forum have given me, and others, confidence in their ability to rectify most problems without them becoming sagas.

peg leg 09:24 29 Dec 04

Thanks for all your replies.

Evesham it is then!

agrb 15:00 29 Dec 04

concur with previous positive replies. Am now on my 3rd evesham pc with no problems at all.Would never buy anywhere else.

gum 15:13 29 Dec 04

I recently purchesed an evesham computer and found it to be very good.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…