computer tower wanted.

mcdicken 03:25 27 Nov 04

I am looking to purchase a cheap tower, preferably up and running,for my daughter who is a student, and does not have much money.Anything worthwhile considered,do you have an old tower that requires a new home?.

jack 09:30 27 Nov 04

How cheap is cheap?
Private purchase could lead to repair/fault remedy problems unless said daughter/you are competant with such things so as not to have take back to vendor.
MicroMart[published Thursdays] carry many adverts for 2nd user machines sold with all the usual consumer rights,- also take a look at click here for surplus/superceded stock from HP and others

spuds 12:04 27 Nov 04

Buying or obtaining second hand may lead to problems, especially if case work is stored. I would suggest that your daughter consults with the students union, as they may have a source supply of contacts for suitable equipment. In my area there are environmental organizations that recycle the older type computers, usually from about £60.00 with a 60/90 day warranty.

Personally I would look into a free interest loan purchase of a new system, with a full warranty. Again local to me, a computer company do these type of offers with starting prices £299.00 upwards including monitor but excluding operating system, which would cost another £60.00 for XP Home oem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…