is this computer too cheap????

2drewej 17:11 17 Dec 06

hi , just browsing ebuyer and found this...

click here
=23815133061&action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X3Jldmlld3M=&product_uid=116052

for £340 its a bit cheap isnt it?

2drewej 17:12 17 Dec 06

sorry this is the right link...

click here

Diodorus Siculus 17:30 17 Dec 06

All depends on the motherboard and if you can upgrade the graphics to at least an AGP card.

Forum Editor 17:31 17 Dec 06

It comes without a monitor, and a reasonable model would take the overall price to around £430 so no, it's not too cheap.

Zaphod 3 17:54 17 Dec 06

Funnily enough bought one for my father recently and for general surfing and internet browsing it ticks all the boxes. Also it is far superior to his win 98 machine.

Horses for courses really!!

The Brigadier 18:00 17 Dec 06

Does depend what you want to do with it.
Suggest you have a look click here as i think they offer better value for money & have 1st class service.

Stuartli 18:08 17 Dec 06

Acer does quite a number of these low cost models.

You can also buy barebones units at:

click here

and

click here

and

click here (excellent company and rapid delivery)

2drewej 18:42 17 Dec 06

if you think about it the processor is about £100 on its own, so if you add up all the component costs it is actually cheaper to buy this than to build your own.
usually its the other way round...?

Diodorus Siculus 18:46 17 Dec 06

Cheaper the other way round for you or me but not for the likes of Acer or Dell or any of the big players - hardware components and operating systems cost them much less.

spuds 18:57 17 Dec 06

121 personal reviews, with those giving any star rating as five, cannot be a bad representative as to the product. But adding on all the extras for a 'work out of the box' complete system scenario, would possibly cost a further £100 to £200.

Totally-braindead 19:02 17 Dec 06

You say its usually the other way round in that you can build a system cheaper by buying the components and building it yourself rather than getting a prebuilt system.
This is not the case any more and hasn't been for some time. If you want a complete system you are cheaper buying a pre built system than you are buying the bits and doing it yourself.
Pick another PC and price it yourself and you'll see what I mean.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…