A computer system mains plug..

Stuartli 19:03 22 Aug 07

..that might prove of interest:

click here

Chris the Ancient 19:07 22 Aug 07

An interesting device.

However, is it sensitive to just a front panel switch off or does it need a 'hard' switch off?

Stuartli 19:34 22 Aug 07

It does say .."when the computer is switched off"...

See:

click here

Stuartli 19:35 22 Aug 07

..and watch the demo.

howard64 19:48 22 Aug 07

I always switch everything off when I have finished using the pc so cannot see any point in wasting 0.4W of energy

Chris the Ancient 20:37 22 Aug 07

Still doesn't say if it is front panel or 'hard' switch off.

Still doesn't say if it is front panel or 'hard' switch off.

Whoops!

Stuartli 21:03 22 Aug 07

It states "this unit will automatically determine the on and off power level of any desktop computer or hi-fi audio visual amplifier to automatically switch power to peripheral equipment only when in use."

Now that I think about it, my best mate bought one to use with some TV units and associated Sky boxe and DVD player.....

brundle 00:27 23 Aug 07

I have one of those, hit the front panel switch on the PC and 5 seconds after it's shutdown, all the other devices are switched off. No need to turn off the PSU switch at the back. Power the PC up with the front switch and everything else powers up too, very handy device. My PC is set to switch off from the front panel power button, not sleep or hibernate.

€dstowe 06:35 23 Aug 07

My computers are shut down via the screen. No button pressing required (apart from the mouse). I then switch off the switch block/surge protector and everything else then shuts down. Don't most people do it like that?

I never use the main button on the computer to shut down, only to start up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…