Computer Software on Ebay.co.uk "LEGIT" ?

Giggle n' Bits 21:45 17 Oct 04

I see ebay is selling software for bypassing the Activation of windows XP software. Erh how can they get away with this.

Surely its not legal ?

Vague Boy 23:21 17 Oct 04

I don't think for a moment that this is legal.

E-Bay list "unlocking software" as an item that shouldn't be sold (click here)

Giggle n' Bits 23:27 17 Oct 04

I only signed up today with ebay and found the software tonight. I would complain direct with Ebay but don't want to get kicked out of there service.

Al94 10:01 18 Oct 04

"I see ebay is selling software"

Ebay do not sell anything - the site is an auction house for individuals or businesses to sell items. Ebay have strict policies on what can or cant be sold. There are hundreds of thousands of items for sale at any one time and for that reason items can slip through that contravene policy. I have often seen softeare for sale openly anvertised as copied discs at knock down prices but these are usually fairly quickly removed as is the vendor! As a signed up member Kallita you should have no concerns about bringing any doubtful items to ebay's attention - that is precisely what they would want you to do.

spuds 11:08 18 Oct 04

Due to recent increased bad publicity of possible cons and fraud on eBay, they have increased their security activities, and any links to a possible 'questionable'sale items would be well recieved by eBay investigators.

After all, it is the general trusting public that is going to suffer, if these matters are not dealt with promptly.

Giggle n' Bits 22:01 18 Oct 04

I am thinking things are dodgy.

BITS&BOBS 13:25 21 Oct 04

Have bought lots of legit software on ebay but no doubt there is fake stuff on there, that's obvious.

Just be carefull who you buy from, I only buy software from power sellers 300+ positive feedback etc.

accord 22:19 21 Oct 04

"I would complain direct with Ebay but don't want to get kicked out of there service"

If you dont like an item that is being sold on ebay, you clearly have a choice, dont buy it, there's no need to complain.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 13:44 23 Oct 04

i asked a ebay member and asked "is this genuine MS?" he replied "no,these are just one of my easy make cd's,that you can use to make replicas of the originals" and i replied "surely this is ilegal?" he then replied "dos is now abandonware,that is impossible to buy,there is nothing wrong with this".there was news on the TV recently about people selling guns on ebay,they sell a shoe box and you get a 'FREE' shotgun,makes sense,it does comply with ebay rules!.cheers.ben

spuds 14:04 23 Oct 04

"sell a shoe box and you get a 'FREE'shotgun". I think not,what do you really think!.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 16:20 23 Oct 04

selling it on ebay wouldn't be ilegal,but just generally selling a weapon will be ilegal,i think my dad used the same method becouse at a school fair he was selling drinks he didn't have a licensce to sell alchohol so he gave out raffel tickets and gave them a beer or whatever,see my point?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…