Computer Related Consumerwatch

Border View 22:56 12 Dec 08

I have been a member of this forum since about 2000 and am somewhat suprised at the way Consumerwatch forum is leading.

I always thought that this site was for Computer related topics but under Consumerwatch we seem to be going off tack somewhat. i.e. Good service from a garage and home insurance to name just two from a long list of variants.

Perhaps I am being pedantic but I feel there must be other forum to discuss non computer related consumer protection issues and keep PCA web site for computer related discussion.

Expect this opens a right can of worms.

Pamy 23:09 12 Dec 08

"Need some advice about what to buy and where to buy it? Not sure which supplier to use? Maybe your supplier treated you badly, or maybe you received excellent service. Perhaps you're not sure about current consumer legislation. Whether you want to air a complaint or hand out praise, share your experience with us all, here in Consumerwatch" no mention ofjust computer related problems

Forum Editor 23:33 12 Dec 08

but in truth we feel that whilst the primary function of our site is to inform and assist people with regard to computing issues, we're inevitably going to be regarded as a useful resource for consumers in general.

It's a case of not wanting to shut doors on people, and I hope that despite your misgivings you'll continue to contribute. I've grown used to seeing your name over the years, and I would hate to think that by broadening our remit slightly we're driving you away. We're still mainly interested in helping with computer/technology related issues, and I'm sure that's how it will stay.

Spark6 23:46 12 Dec 08

As you say, this is a computer oriented forum and I agree with you 100%. However, those of us who have 'frequented this forum' for a number of years have developed reliance and trust in other regular contributors opinions, this naturally extends to their opinions of other products and services.

Long may it continue.

Border View 00:10 13 Dec 08

Sorry FE and Spark6, think I was having one of my pedantic moods. I have had invaluable help from the rock steadies of the forum over the years and was just suprised at the way things were moving on. PCA always has been a brilliant source of information and whilst I dont contribute as much as I used to I frequently "prowl" the different forum.

Will do a green tick. Thanks for brining me back into the real world.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…