Computer Giveaways Sites? Do they work?

19paul76 11:34 11 Aug 06

I am wondering whether anyone has successfully used one of these computer giveaway viral marketing schemes to get a new PC?

I was doing some research as I was thinking about buying a new Alienware PC when I found this:

click here

I've signed up and spent the £10.00 on registering with some crap betting site, but Im not sure whether I will ever see the PC or not?

Any experiences? Are these guys legit? Or too good to be true?

Thanks
Paul

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:52 11 Aug 06

You can kiss your money goodbye as I have more chance of getting the 6 Lotto numbers on each Saturday for the next 20 weeks. These schemes at best are cons and entice the unwary. If you do some simple maths, they cannot possibly work.

Did you really think that you would get a $4000 computer for 10 squid??????? However a tenner is not too much to learn a valuable lesson.

G

neil79 11:54 11 Aug 06

This is just my thoughts but why would a £10 cost result in any computer let alone a premium brand like Alienware. I think you have more chance of getting an Alienware by gambling your money on the crap betting site and hoping you win big. I hope i am wrong though and you get your PC.

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:57 11 Aug 06

I'm sure that you have read their T&C very carefully but here are some gems................'AlienwareGiveaway.co.uk reserves the right to change its Terms & Conditions at any time, for any reason, without notice. We also reserve the right to change the methods through which free items are earned. This may include, but is not limited to, increasing the number of referrals you have to earn. We may also add or remove any product listed as an incentive at any time. If we replace a product, the new product may not be of equal value.'

'AlienwareGiveaway.co.uk can not guarantee the availability of a product at the time of order. If a product is unavailable, you will be contacted and given an alernative option.'

'AlienwareGiveaway.co.uk does not take returns or exchanges.'

' You can contact us at [email protected] ...there is no contact phone number or address...they have nothing to do with the computer company Alienware.

G

jimv7 12:33 11 Aug 06

Send me a tenner and I will ask GANDALF <|:-)> to send you a pc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…