Compressed air cans - be careful.

BigRik 17:12 30 Jul 05

Hi all.

My wife showed me this link click here today.

I'm not sure if Dust Off is available here or not, but similar products are so please store them carefully away from any children.

I certainly don't want to frighten anyone. I'm sure that like anything else, as long as its used properly its perfectly safe.

Regards.

Forum Editor 17:38 30 Jul 05

I had no idea about this.

g0nvs 19:03 30 Jul 05

My 18 year old nephew died a year ago, exactly the same situation.

carver 20:35 30 Jul 05

I also didn't realize the dangers involved with such a seemingly harmless can of compressed air.
Thank's BigRik for the link.

alan9900 20:38 30 Jul 05

i have three young sons,need i say anymore... except thank you for high lighting a danger i new nothing about.

Arnie 00:22 31 Jul 05

I did know about solvent abuse. Contact adhesives, lighter gas and so on, but nothing like this!

Your posting is well worth reading BigRik.

Belatucadrus 00:53 31 Jul 05

For those concerned about this issue, a lens blower brush is a useful addition to any PC maintenance kit click here

LastChip 10:58 31 Jul 05

This is a tragic story and one that we must all take heed of. Thanks for the post.

Ancient Learner 14:59 31 Jul 05

I have 4 young grand children. Thank you so very much for the warning.

Now two lots of parents are being sent your link!

ade.h 18:12 31 Jul 05

The safest way to remove dust (no contact with delicate hardware and above all, no propellant or fumes) is a hair dryer with a no-heat setting. Put on max power and use the nozzle attachment, it's pretty effective.

PUNKA 18:23 31 Jul 05

I have seen USB plug in vacuum's and cleaners for about a fiver.Ideal for this job !!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…