Completely wrong RAM sent!

@lchemist 22:32 07 May 03

Just thought I'd let you all know what Ebuyer have managed to do today. Ordered a stick of Corsair XMS PC2700 512mb RAM from them the other day; any guesses what I received today? Ebuyer own brand 133mhz 256mb SDRAM! Couldn't believe it!! Corsair is pretty distinctive as RAM goes, I think it's pretty poor for such a high profile hardware supplier. I'll keep you updated on what they have to say about the whole thing.....

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:43 07 May 03

It is one error and I do not see your problem. Assuming that you are human too and make mistakes why don't you politely 'phone them and explain the situation. I'm sure they will oblige. It is not the end of the world nor does it prove that they are a poor supplier. Take a chill pill from Dr Relax.

G

@lchemist 22:49 07 May 03

Fair comment, it's just a tad disappointing when you wait for days for a package and they send you the wrong thing.

Coaster3 22:56 07 May 03

Have you ever tried phoning ebuyer? I'm still waiting for a refund for faulty RAM after about 6 weeks!

@lchemist 22:59 07 May 03

Yep, that's the first thing I did! Waited behind 13 callers to talk to someone, they just told me to put a return request in to the website. I suppose that's Ebuyer for you, the fancy web interface is there so they don't have to pay for more staff to answer phones. From what you say, getting my money back could be a long process!

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:16 07 May 03

I've ordered many items from Ebuyer and apart from Consignia delivering one to the wrong address there ahve been no problems. Some people must lead charmed lives. :-))

G

@lchemist 23:22 07 May 03

Well this kinda suprised me! I ordered a £500 system from them back in December, CPU, Graphics card, mobo, hard drive and RAM. They got it all right then, maybe they just all had a stressful time after the bank holiday or something!

The Spires 09:50 08 May 03

@lchemist, I would be interested how they deal with your resturn request, will you post back when you get the Ram you ordered originaly.

@lchemist 11:47 08 May 03

I requested a refund actually, but I'll keep you posted on what happens

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…