Competitive Broadband deals

Spark6 15:03 07 Jan 09

Currently I have TalkTalk's International Anytime broadband package @ £20.49/month.

Earlier today I received a phone call from one of their reps offering me a wireless modem, which I already have, for half price if I signed up for another 18 months.

When I declined his offer he went on to offer me a £5.00/month reduction for 2 months if I signed up. I asked for this offer to be confirmed in writing to give me time to consider it, they don't do this apparently, so he is going to call me next week!

My question is this, are there any better deals out there at the moment or in the near future?

spuds 15:37 07 Jan 09

There are many deals out there, but not as many as they were 6/12 months ago. I think most of the ISP's have got fed-up with chasing each others tails for the bigger customer base, on perhaps similar looking packages.

One thing that I have noticed is the unexpected representative's call, who can made a verbal offer, yet not supply it in writing unless an agreement is done over the phone. A couple of years ago, I had an offer from Tiscali about extending the contract. When I looked further into the offer and accepted, I seemed to then be informed, " That I had misunderstood the offer", because all was not as it should have been or seen. The same as happened fairly recently with a utility company "We can save you money" offer.Trying to pin them down, is becoming rather confusing.

961 15:43 07 Jan 09

I think 18 months is a long tie-in whatever the deal

Although I don't know the details of what you get you are welcome to look at what I am paying to see how it compares

My broadband is with Madasafish and I was recently offered a £3 per month reduction to tie in for 12 months, bringing the price to £10.99

My phone contract is with sky and costs £5 per month plus BT line rental. This covers free calls 24/7 within UK (usual exceptions, 08 numbers, mobiles etc) and a whole load of overseas including most of Europe and much of North America and others which I never use

Since both the broadband and the phone work well I consider the deals excellent value for money. I accept I could probably shave a couple of pounds off, but the service quality is more important

Kevscar1 18:19 07 Jan 09

I have used sky Broadband for years without any problems. I pay £5 per month for upto 8MB. Actually get about 5.5

Kevscar1 18:20 07 Jan 09

I have used sky Broadband for years without any problems. I pay £5 per month for upto 8MB. Actually get about 5.5

interzone55 11:52 08 Jan 09

What kind of service do you get from Madasafish.

speed, download limits etc

I've looked at Madasafish in the past and they've been quite expensive.

Spark6 12:07 08 Jan 09

Your comments reflect my current feelings, I think I'll carry on as I am in the short term. A £10 'bonus' to tie myself in for another 18 months is not my idea of a generous offer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now