Compatilble or Refill

3tg 15:35 28 Feb 03

Which is best and which is best value for money ? we have HP printers. Any advice would be most appreciated. Thank you.

961 16:32 28 Feb 03

Refill black cartridge, use compatible or re-manufactured colour cartridge. Only exception to this advice is if you require highest possible colour photo output in which case use original HP inks

Bacon & Eggs 17:29 28 Feb 03

I'm currently using refilled cartridges from inkcycle.co.uk, no probs at all.

Belatucadrus 17:54 28 Feb 03

We've tried both at work, we ran trials on quite a few recycled brands & refill kits. We ended up going for recycled cartridges, the quality was much the same as the branded cartridges and the warranty covered any repair costs that could be attributed to damage caused by the cartridge ( we never had any ). Refill kits were cheaper, but messy and dependant on having a decent cartridge to fill. If the circuitboard on the cartridge fails it becomes scrap, particularly irritating if you've just refilled it and it's not covered by warranty.
Here are web pages to some of the brands we tested :- click here

click here

click here

Mainly corporate suppliers, but they may be of interest to some people.

Stuartli 18:01 28 Feb 03

Always used the JR compatible cartridges and/or refill inks for my seven-year-old Canon BJC600e and no problems at all over that time.

Lost count of just how much money I have saved but it must have paid for an awful lot of Guinness...:-)

Belatucadrus 01:05 01 Mar 03

Slight error on my comments above, there was one case of damage to a printer, it was a Tektonix Phaser ink block printer, the repair costs were covered in full by the cartridge supplier.

Goldcroft 08:53 01 Mar 03

See the thread I started entitled "Filling Lexmark Cartridges" it may help.

3tg 14:54 03 Mar 03

Thanks everyone for the good advice. I bought Staples brand, so I will give them a go. (there was 20% off too !.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…