Compatible Ink

Jackcoms 18:28 05 May 06

Just had a freesheet pushed through the letterbox from Staples. They're now doing their own compatible printer ink cartridges.

HP black are from £13.99 and colour £17.99.

Canon black are from £3.99 and colour £6.99.

Epson black are from £15.99 and colour £13.99.

Has anybody used them yet?

Totally-braindead 19:00 05 May 06

Choice stationery are cheaper so I won't be trying them, happy with the Choice ones.

ade.h 19:14 05 May 06

Ditto.

Thanks anyway, though.

spuds 19:49 05 May 06

The only problem with Staples 'own brand' compatibles-very limited range and expensive.

ade.h 20:01 05 May 06

That's two problems ;-)

Totally-braindead 20:04 05 May 06

Stop splitting rabbits ade.h you know what he means.

Stuartli 20:05 05 May 06

Staples has been offeing its own compatible cartridges for some time.

Cheapest place I know is click here

Even I can't believe just how keenly priced they are - mine are branded Sumvision, of MP3 player and pen drives fame.

An example is around £4 for a full set of six compatibles for an Epson R200, 300 and its other models that take these cartridges.

I bought three sets of six cartridges recently and cost, with p and p, was £17.81 - delivery was by CityLink.

WhiteViper 20:05 05 May 06

For those using Choice, is there any difference in quality between them and Epson - just about to hand over £50 for 6 cartridges, so want to save some cash if the quality is OK !

spuds 20:17 05 May 06

Choice have their own special design cartridges for Epson, plus they contain more ink according to Choice reviews.

ade.h/Total-braindead-- Now, now, you'll get the FE deleting the post :O)

ade.h 20:48 05 May 06

Don't mind me. Being cheeky as usual! LOL.

Splitting rabbits indeed... Someone told me once that hares and rabbits are not actually that closely related, despite the whole floppy-eared bushy-tailed thing that they have going on! ;-)

As an aside about Choice; I had to return a bunch of Think/Canon compatibles this week, as they didn't fit. Square nozzles rather than circular. Anyway, the guy couldn't have been more helpful and said that they are aware of the issue and are monitoring it. The latest stock is okay apparently. Just a note of caution to any Canon users; you might end up with inky hands (as I did) if you try to use one of the dodgy batch!

Totally-braindead 21:00 05 May 06

WhiteViper I have never been able to tell the difference between genuine Epson carts and CHoices compatibles. They look as good to me. Epson say their cartridges will resist fading for longer, perhaps true but they are too dear for me.
Sorry Jackcoms we've kind of taken over your posting, you would think we were employees of Choice they way we're going on. Sorry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…