Comparing cameras

Mr Scone 22:08 28 Feb 05

Hiya, I'm looking to buy a digital camera for my girlsfriend and have been comparing the Fuji Finepix E500 (£135 aprox.)with the Canon Powershot A85 (£145 aprox.)

Does anyone have any experiance with either of these cameras?

Which do you think is the better camera?

Is there another camera i'm overlooking (or a better price?)

Thanks

MS

Happy Soul 22:52 28 Feb 05

Have a look at some of these click here

And click here for reports.

Mr Scone 23:34 28 Feb 05

Thanks Happy Soul. Which one would you go for?

Mr Scone 23:43 28 Feb 05

Also seen the Kodak EasyShare DX7440. How does this compare to the other 2?

Happy Soul 00:23 01 Mar 05

I've checked them out and they all get about 9.5 stars. Personally I like to fell how sturdy they feel and how easy the controls are. I haven't checked out the batteroes but if one has a l-ion I'd go for that, as normally batteries run out fairly quickly.

Diodorus Siculus 07:24 01 Mar 05

I've used the Canon A80 belonging to a friend of mine and would suggest that if the A85 is an improvement to it, I would certainly suggest it.

Mr Scone 07:33 01 Mar 05

Thanks for the responses. I'll probably go in to Jessops and have a look at the cameras if i can some time today. I guess if they're all pretty much the same then it's down to persnal taste in the end.

If there anyone has personal experiance of one (or more) of the cameras could you let me know please?

Thanks again

MS

Rigga 08:47 01 Mar 05

Excellent Review site here.

> click here <

Fuji Finepix E500 > click here <

Canon Powershot A85 > click here <

Kodak EasyShare DX7440 > click here <

HTH R.

Stuartli 12:52 02 Mar 05

Using Jessops is sound as it is prepared to match prices elsewhere if possible.

How the camera feels and handles is probably even more important than specifications as you have to be able to use it almost without thinking.

It's a bit like driving a car - you eventually come to change gear, steer and brake without conscious thought.

JonnyTub 14:09 02 Mar 05

You can do a direct comparison here with some test shots click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…