Compaq auction bargains online

Barry-273472 21:48 01 Feb 03

Check out the compaq auction site at click here

I have just "won" a Compaq presario 6195EA. 25 were up for grabs at the time.

Spec: AMD 2200 with 512MB ram, 80GB hard drive, 64MB NVidia graphics, 16X DVD, 40xCD-RW, modem, firewire, 10/100 ethernet etc. It was delivered in 2 days with keyboard, mouse, speakers and a mass of software including Windows XP home, the full Norton internet security suite and Works, Word with further software choice free online. No monitor (I have two) but they are also in the auction.

Warranty is until November, on site.

It was a dream to set up as Compaq had pre-installed the software with full back up CDs also available. It is as quiet as a mouse.

The cost £471 (other auctions have gone slightly higher but only by £20/£30) plus £32.50 shipping.

The model is discontinued. The current auction has 4 more available. You have to be online at the death, usually 6pm, to make the final bid.

dougiez 07:29 02 Feb 03

bought from compaq auction before christmas, great deals quick delivery as well, came in 2 days from auction finishing,but DON'T forget they add VAT as well to price after auction

Barry-273472 08:10 02 Feb 03

As I have just got mine, it's good to know your machine is performing well.

They must have changed policy because all bids and shipping quotes now include VAT. My invoice was £503.25

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…