Company Accounts

yoghurt 19:40 11 Jan 05

I hear Carrera have 'crashed', like a few other small PC companies in the past.

So, does anybody check the accounts of small PC companies before they buy from them - and is this practical and even possible?

wags 19:47 11 Jan 05

Well, I suppose you could get a Dun and Bradstreet report on the company's financial strength if they are a limited company.

At the end of the day it's best to use a credit card for what is after all, a relatively expensive purchase. At least that way you are afforded extra protection as a consumer.

wiz-king 20:17 11 Jan 05

You can get company reports but they will be the last years filing and could be up to a year old. A lot can happen in a year! Unless they are a quoted company you cannot even get a guess from stock prices.

Sir Radfordin 21:33 11 Jan 05

Enron?

This is something that has been raised before and isn't really something that has any benefit to the 'home user'. Some companies may run credit-risk checks against suppliers/purcahsers to help calculate risk but the chance of a shopper working out someone is about to cease trading is very small.

As pointed out buying with a credit card is about the only sensible thing.

davidg_richmond 23:15 11 Jan 05

Hasn't Carrera gone bust before? Then got taken over and become Carrera SSC?

spuds 23:45 11 Jan 05

If you want to check out your own or a companies financial standing, then these two companies may have the answer, but it will cost you, depending on the service that you choose click here click here Both companies have Worldwide offices and interests.

freaky 21:49 13 Jan 05

If you have a Companies House near you, then you can go in and use their computer to do a search.

jolorna 22:24 13 Jan 05

link to companies house site click here

yoghurt 00:04 14 Jan 05

I wonder if the smaller 'okay' PC companies will be issuing financial statements now.

Probably not.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…