Comp at Safeway.

woody 14:39 24 Oct 03

This week safeway have had two comp for sale .One at £399 and one at £699.

I could not get details from the store of what the £699 consists of.

They advertise it as with a 27 inch (yes 27 inch)mon - i told them it was a 17 inch but they did not seem to understand even that.

Does anyone know what the £699 is - or what bits it has?

I have tried their HQ before today about something else - thats why i am asking this group!

Stuartli 14:46 24 Oct 03

Inform your local Trading Standards department - that will quickly bring Safeway to heel.

Mind you our local Safeway features willing and helpful staff, so perhaps you were just unlucky with your particular experience.

rev.bem 15:38 24 Oct 03

Next time you are in Safeway get the model number off the box and look here.

click here

woody 18:01 24 Oct 03

Yes so does ours ,generaly,but you can not expect them to know much about comp.
I thought i was being helpful to them pointing out it was not a 27 inch but the person concerned did not understand the implications.

The best "e" that i found on the above link showed p4 2.0 - if that is what it is a bit slow for what my friend needs.

spuds 23:43 24 Oct 03

This weeks Safeway promotion flyer only gives details for the £399 system.

Specifications:Make i-Friend. 15" monitor,Intel Celeron 1.7 Ghz,40 GB Hard Drive, 256Mb Ram/16xDVD,Windows XP Home,Internet Ready.Limited stocks available.

If you have a complaint or suggestion, I find that it is better to consult with the in-store customer services section, perhaps requesting the duty manager.Things seem to get solved very quickly via this method. Contacting Safeways HQ about a problem, seems to render a non response, or at least that what I have found in the past.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…