Comet & Sky & £150 Freesat?

Charence 16:54 23 Sep 08

I recently went to my local Comet store to buy Freesat, which they advertised for £75, including box, setup, etc.

It all seemed to go well until I received my credit card statements...

On my statements, there appeared a transaction of £75 to Sky and another £75 to Comet. Both transactions were on the same day and I am certain they both came from the same SINGLE purchase of Freesat.

So, I went back to my local Comet store to try to resolve this, but was sent a letter from Comet HQ that they did not forward my details to Sky and did not take a duplicate payment. They said I should contact Sky since they took an unauthorised payment.

So, I phoned Sky, and they said that their system is correct and Comet have taken a duplicate payment... tried to escalate this within Sky (as suggested by Comet) but the answer was still the same.

So they're both correct and somehow I ended up paying twice for the same thing?!

Still trying to resolve this...

I don't think I'll be buying anything else from these two anytime soon...

C

961 17:07 23 Sep 08

Contact credit card co and they will resolve for you

Stuartli 21:35 23 Sep 08

As 961 rightly suggests, get your credit card company involved and inform them of the exact circumstances.

They should be able to ascertain whether Comet (perhaps one of its employees) may have overstepped the mark.

Stuartli 21:45 23 Sep 08

Just had a look at Comet's website - which Freesat box did you buy?

Cheapest is £50 and installation (for one room) is £80.

click here

Installation:

click here

Stuartli 21:51 23 Sep 08

By the way, are you sure you haven't confused Sky's similarly named Freesat service with the BBC/ITV version?

Charence 02:41 24 Sep 08

Phoned credit card company, and will be posting some statements/receipts to them tomorrow morning.

click here
I bought that one. Hmm they referred to this one as freesat as well in their mailings even though it is not the one from BBC/ITV...

oresome 17:56 24 Sep 08

If you're not careful, you'll be hit with further payments of £19 per month!

Stuartli 18:49 24 Sep 08

They will refer to it as Freesat - that's what it's called.

The confusion arises, as I stated, because the BBC/ITV version has the same name...:-(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5