Comet Delivery

pj123 18:06 07 May 05

Now coming up to 3 minutes to 6pm. Have been waiting for Comet to deliver since 0800 this morning. Have rang them twice today. Both answers were the same. "It is on the vehicle and will be delivered today". When????

I don't think I will bother with Comet any more.

Well, would you believe, 2 minutes past 6 and they turn up.

muscic lover 18:12 07 May 05

YOU know where to come.... comet!

Typical UK service it seems.... but at least you got it! Some poor souls wait in all day and the 'folk' never turn up at all! Hope your purchase keeps you happy, enjoy the world of the internet and it's places of wisdom!

Diemmess 18:13 07 May 05

And it's Saturday too!

Brownie points for Comet perhaps, even if you didn't get much else done today!

Europa 19:01 07 May 05

Strange, I've ordered quite a few things from comet, from a television to a printer, I always ask for saturday delivery, they always delivered on the day and on time, and if they couldn't they are very quick to contact you to arrange another delivery date. Saying that, the quality of the service can change from area to area, and is probably related to the quality of service of their courier. I think they use Parcel Force in my area.

Mr Mistoffelees 19:03 07 May 05

Well I suppose someone's delivery has to be the last drop of the day. Doesn't help when you are the one though.

pj123 20:10 07 May 05

Mr Mistoffelees, yes I reckon that's the case.

First on, Last off.

Fellsider 20:13 07 May 05

As with most suppliers, they cannot give a specific delivery time (everyone wants thiers first!).

If you want it delivered in a shorter time slot you have to pay for it and Comet is no different.

pj123 20:18 07 May 05

Never mind, it's here now and I have got all day tomorrow to transfer all "my stuff" from this computer to the new one.

Ticked.

wiz-king 20:59 07 May 05

If I were in your position I would put the new pc on and leave it until next weekend to move all your stuff over. Just play with it 'as is' for a week to see if it has any problems. We do this at work and it has saved us a lot of time and effort. I know you want to get stuck in and play with the new toy but most computers fail in the first week or not at all, if it lives for a week then it should last for years. We had one batch of 12 new computers and had 3 fail in the first week.

spuds 21:48 07 May 05

When Comet were sold out by Kingfisher group to the new owners, I found that the service went downhill. I use to purchase a number of items over a yearly period, but due to a very bad customer service experience that occurred about twelve months ago, I now refuse to use the store. My monies best spent elsewhere, and perhaps to more deserving companies.

steve1ooo 14:25 08 May 05

I just had a canon printer from comet. It was deliverd on the day i asked for (well done parcel force) in perfect condition and at a great price. What more could you ask for?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5