Comet

Dumble452 17:20 15 Jul 04

I ordered a product from the Comet web site on Monday and received an e-mail confirming my order but noting that there was a query and that my order had been passed to their admin team who would contact me within 24 hrs. I duly waited 24 hrs and heard nothing. When I contacted them I was told that the item was no longer in stock and they didn't know when they would get replacements so they had cancelled my order (without informing me).When I pointed out that the product is still being advertised on their web site, the response was "Yes, well it would be" It is still there today.
I then placed an order with another company, who stated that if the product is on their web site then it is in stock and that they aimed to deliver on the next working day, but some items may take 2 days "Don't contact us unless your goods have not arrived within 48hrs"
So, I stayed at home all day yesterday and today. After 47hrs 30 mins I had a telephone message to say that it will be delivered tomorrow! I will await this event with considerable anticipation!

spuds 00:43 16 Jul 04

Since Comet was taken over from the Kingfisher Group, things seem to have gone downhill a little.

I purchased a printer from them, as it was the best offer at the time on-line. I saw the printer, wanted further information so I contacted the phone number listed [call centre]. The call centre gave me the information, suggesting that they would arrange for me to collect the printer from the local Comet store at the website price. I arrived at the store with the information that I was given, and utter confusion resulted. Eventually after an hardened discussion, the stores duty manager conceeded that I could have the printer at the agreed call centres instructions. Never again.

The best part of that day, was that the nearby PC World store, which I visited shortly afterwards, told me that I could have the printer at the same price with no problems. They would have price matched without hesitation.

Another problem that I found, was Comets customer services. The printer developed a fault and Comet were totally indifferent to the problem. Eventually the printer manufacturer came to the rescue. As I said..Never Again.

spuds

comet no longer part of kinfisher group

byfordr 12:14 16 Jul 04

hence the Since Comet was taken over from the Kingfisher Group

smokingbeagle 17:02 16 Jul 04

Ordered goods 3rd week of January 2003. Comet emailed me with a delivery date of December 2002. Yes one month before the order date. This was not a re-order or anything like that. They then claimed that delivery had been attempted in Dec 2002. Just would not acknowledge the non sequitur. Had to involve the credit card company to get money back.

oops sorry for being human :((

byfordr 22:00 16 Jul 04

a full pardon ;-)

Thanks ;))

Dumble452 09:42 17 Jul 04

They did e-mail me to say my order had been cancelled, but MSN had put it straight in to my junk folder. That makes sense to me!

spuds 11:34 17 Jul 04

Their service must have improved :o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…