Combined keyboard and screen manufacturer?

SteveDonaldson 21:06 30 Apr 15

Hi all, does anyone know of a product that is a combined keyboard and screen (just like a laptop but without the workings) that plugs into a desktop? I want to have my tower sitting beside the settee and use it via the keyboard/screen.

Thanks for any help you can give. Steve.

Forum Editor 08:23 02 May 15

I sometimes use Rackmount screens and keyboards combined when working in server rooms. They aren't exactly glamorous, and can cost as much as a reasonable laptop. If you want to explore the possibilities just search Google for 'Rackmount monitor and keyboard.'

Personally I can think of nothing worse than having a tower humming away by the side of the settee - better just to get a laptop I would have thought.

SteveDonaldson 00:54 05 May 15

Thankyou, yeah that is the kind of thing I had in mind but they are a bit pricey. I was thinking about this so I could have the functionality of the laptop layout but with ability to upgrade/change/personalise the workings which I could do with the tower. Buying a new laptop is fine but you are then stuck with the configuration. Thanks for taking the time to reply

Steve.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…