combined floppy drive / digi card reader

Diodorus Siculus 20:20 25 Nov 04

Am I asking for too much?

I am looking for a USB card reader that reads SD / xD cards etc as well as floppy disks. It is for a friend whose laptop has neither and I would perfer an all in one if it were possible.

Thanks as always for any pointers.

mole44 20:49 25 Nov 04

sidewise thought use the card reader and then use cards like a floppy disc.onlu one pronlem you really need an external reader so that you can plug into othe computers.

Diodorus Siculus 20:54 25 Nov 04

It would work for future solutions, but she has a lot of work saved onto floppy and takes it to schoools / other places where there is no guaranteed access to USB ports (where there is, she can use her USB flash stick).

Anyway, at present there is no easy way of taking the data from the floppies to put onto a CD or other media as she has no floppy drive.

Easy enough to get two drives - a card reader and a USB floppy drive, but she wants all-in-one if possible.

TomJerry 02:14 26 Nov 04

desktop, you can find many, but not sure about laptop.

card read is very very small, do not cost much trouble, if she does not want usb one, she can get a PCMCIA one which will not take up any extra space.

Better solution is to take all her floppies to your house and copy all of them over to a CD or s USB memory stick, take sometime, but save a lot of time in future.

TomJerry 02:21 26 Nov 04

7 in 1 Media Drive USB £36.98 click here

TomJerry 02:23 26 Nov 04

Iomega Floppy Disk Drive Plus 7-in-1 Card Reader Usb2.0 Host Powered £28.20 click here

Diodorus Siculus 08:12 26 Nov 04

You are a true genius!

Sadly there is a "but"! It doesn't read xD cards...

TomJerry 10:53 26 Nov 04

xd not widely used like others

spuds 10:57 26 Nov 04

These two companies seem to stock a fair range of card readers,don't know about the combined floppy though. click here click here

Spanglish 11:27 26 Nov 04

Try using this click here

Spanglish 12:01 26 Nov 04

I forgot to mention that the above is converter for XD cards, which combined with TomJerry's idea solves the problem?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…