//some 3rd party need geo

Colour Printer for the boss!

lazanda 15:38 23 Jan 04

I need to get a colour printer for my boss and it has to be HP. Anyone recomment one ? can shell out about £450.

Has to be colour and do as many pages per minute as possible.

Thanks for any help. I know nothing about them at all.

Belatucadrus 16:59 23 Jan 04

HP colour lasers in that price range don't get good reviews, so you'd probably better stick to inkjet. If you feel you absolutely have to blow most of the budget look at the HP Business Inkjet 2300 click here but if it's only going to be used as a stand alone printer on one PC this seems over the top. It may be worth looking at the Deskjet 5150 click here it's well reviewed click here and will leave much change. In the end it's going to depend a lot on what and how much you want to print.

Sir Radfordin 23:46 23 Jan 04

Bought a HP 5650 from PCW (they seem to be the only place that sell it - it would be a 5652 elsewhere anyway but can't find them) and have to say I'm very impressed with it. It is so quick and so quiet. Worth looking at - and well under budget at £99.

£450 is too much to spend on an inkjet and not enough for a laser.

Forum Editor 08:42 24 Jan 04

and it's a very impressive workhorse. It's a network printer really, and unless your boss wants to share the machine with someone else, or he/she does a great deal of printing I would tend to agree with the others - it would be a sledgehammer/nut situation. It has two paper trays, and is rated at 26 pages a minute for monochrome and 22 for colour, although all manufacturers' speed ratings should be taken with a pinch of salt. It is fast though, and that's the one thing that might swing it, given your boss's taste for speed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…