Colour Laser Printers/Multi - Which mid-range one?

DavidT1 17:26 24 Oct 08

I've been trying to go over this and narrow down a choice from recommendations (I live in a small town in Poland, so it's quite a trip to any major computer store).

Looking for a colour laser printer/multi-function gizmo around £400-450 or thereabouts. It would be used a reasonable amount (1000s each month) for a variety of things (A4 letterhead, flyers/brochures, envelopes, labels/stickers and possibly transaparencies)

Important features are print quality, range of materials can print on, prefer close/edge printing (if possible), and duplex printing. Next comes the ongoing running costs.

Scanning and photocopying would be good and useful features too and definitely used.

At the moment I'm looking at:

Epson AcuLaser CX21N
HP Colour LaserJet CM2320fxi
HP Colour LaserJet CM3530 (probably not released)

Are there others that would be better overall considerations than these?

Many thanks

David

The Brigadier 18:30 24 Oct 08

Epson are good, but HP are very good.
It may be down to price over production costs.
Ask for a demo before buying.

DavidT1 19:10 24 Oct 08

I will try to ask... doing what I can to suss out opinions first as it can be 2 hrs each way to the store (depends on the day) but it may also have to be ordered in anyway. Will see what I can do about a demo.

I've had Epson scanners and inkjets before, always been quite pleased with them but my main business is paperless so for 2 years the most paper used is a couple of notepads.

You seem to prefer the HP, at least a little over the Epson... though in what respect?

Personal preference? Quality? Value?

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…