Colour laser printer

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:14 09 Jan 05

As colour laser printers are not my area of expertise I need the forum hive mind to sort one out. The printer is for an estate agent's office and needs to be -

a) excellent photo reproduction (house buyers can be so fussy).

b) easy to use.

c) price is not a concern but around £500 should do.

d) toner costs are also of little concern but one that is 'economical' with excellent quality would be nice.

Naturally as it is laser I expect text to be excellent, so quality of photographic printing is paramount. There seems to be shed loads of colour lasers about and I cannot be bothered to read all the reviews but canon looks good so if anyone has any personal recommendations it will save me a lot of time.

G

wags 13:07 10 Jan 05

GANDALF <|:-)>, I am a Chartered Surveyor, and we sell/let commercial and industrial property, so we have to produce 100's of colour details.I undertook alot of research into the best colour laser for the job and settled on OKI.

I bought an OKI C5100 about 12 mths ago, which is VERY fast, with very good photographic output. I think it has been replaced now by the 5400.

I bought mine from: click here

I hope that helps.

wags 13:12 10 Jan 05

Sorry, the 5100 has been replaced by the 5200. I should have also added that it is a network printer and dead easy to install.

pj123 13:13 10 Jan 05

Quite a few within your price range here:

click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:45 10 Jan 05

Looks like the OKI then. Many thanks.

G

Harrier man 11:50 17 May 05

Did Gandalf get the OKI? Did it live up to expectations?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…