Coincidence or not?

shizzy 22:50 14 May 05

Read the thread last week about digital or analogue TV. Someone kindly posted a link to Sky where you pay a one off payment to receive some of their channels. As we cannot get Freeview and not knowing about this service I went to the site to have a look. Lo and behold just a week later I receive their leaflet addressed to me including my christian name. Our TV licence is not in my name by the way. I have all the usual anti spyware installed. What do you think.

tasslehoff burrfoot 23:33 14 May 05

asked any neighbours if they have received this leaflet?

If they have, did they also visit the site?

spuds 00:30 15 May 05

NTL send out quite a large amount of advertising material, Sky doe's the same. If your name is in the official electoral roll or you may have supplied your details elsewhere, then that could be the reason why you have received a leaflet.Just another marketing mailing method.

Forum Editor 01:03 15 May 05

I think your suspicions are unfounded. Coincidences happen all the time, and this is one of them. The leaflet is part of a widespread campaign, and I (or anyone else) could get your christian name from the electoral register without any problem at all.

shizzy 14:54 15 May 05

Just seemed strange but thanks anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…