Click & Collect and the DSRs.

morddwyd 10:57 07 Sep 14

Yesterday morning I ordered a video recorder from Argos using “Click & Collect”

When I picked it up from the collection point, having already paid, as per the Argos system, I confirmed I would be able to bring it back if unsuitable, as it was for a disabled person with limited dexterity.

The guy said that that sort of product was excluded fro heir 30 return guarantee and knowing the stories about people ordering TVs etc at the start of the World Cup/Olympics etc and taking them back as “unsuitable” afterwards, I was quite prepared to accept this, so I asked if I could handle the remote, and check the manual, to get some idea.

This also was refused as they were in a sealed pack which could not be opened.

Now does this raise a query under the DSRs?

These were introduced to protect on-line customers who did not have the normal retail chance of examining in store. Since I ordered on-line, but paid in-store, and was not allowed to examine the goods, would I have had any rights under the DSRs?

spuds 13:05 07 Sep 14

My local Argos stores 'use to' open packages for people to check the contents, but this stopped, because some people assumed that they were receiving returns.

Argos have a very good question and answer section below most items for sale, plus reviews from customers, which can be very helpful.

If the item is faulty, then Argos have a first rate exchange or refund policy. Even for items not included in their 30 day policy.

I suspect the DSR doesn't apply, you collected from store. But I could be wrong.

One thing that I did find out, was a description error on a set of speakers, after I had made a purchase. Got a refund, but it became evident that any description errors could not be corrected, due to the early printing of the catalogues?.

morddwyd 20:22 07 Sep 14

I'm well aware of Argos's thirty day return policy, that's why I shopped there, and I can quite understand why they exclude certain items, but I simply cannot understand why they will no longer give you the chance to look at goods in store.

All I wanted to do was look at the user manual.

john bunyan 17:10 08 Sep 14

I have bought several items in Argos recently. The latest was a set of 3 DECT Panasonic Telephones with answering machine. My local store was happy for me to open the box to check contents including the manual. They were on an order as the previous day were out of stock. My wife and I often use their "look before purchase" with no problem - we looked at and bought a Braun iron a couple of weeks ago. Maybe your local store manager is too pernickety. My local store is ARGOS Fareham West Street Address 97-99 West Street Fareham Hampshire PO16 0AS Telephone Number 0345 1657143

In case your man wanted to telephone them to check.

john bunyan 17:11 08 Sep 14

I have bought several items in Argos recently. The latest was a set of 3 DECT Panasonic Telephones with answering machine. My local store was happy for me to open the box to check contents including the manual. They were on an order as the previous day were out of stock. My wife and I often use their "look before purchase" with no problem - we looked at and bought a Braun iron a couple of weeks ago. Maybe your local store manager is too pernickety. My local store is ARGOS Fareham West Street Address 97-99 West Street Fareham Hampshire PO16 0AS Telephone Number 0345 1657143

In case your man wanted to telephone them to check.

john bunyan 17:12 08 Sep 14

Double post due to PCA saying cannot connect!!

alanrwood 18:39 08 Sep 14

As you paid ordered online and have been refused the option of examining the goods before taking possession I would hope that these would be covered by the DSR as there was actually no difference between what you experienced and a normal online purchase.

Maybe the FE can clarify this as it does seem to be an anomaly.

alanrwood 18:40 08 Sep 14

As you paid ordered online and have been refused the option of examining the goods before taking possession I would hope that these would be covered by the DSR as there was actually no difference between what you experienced and a normal online purchase.

Maybe the FE can clarify this as it does seem to be an anomaly.

alanrwood 18:41 08 Sep 14

Same problem with double post.

HondaMan 09:27 10 Sep 14

It seems to me that the contract was formed when you paid for the goods. If, at that time you were not made aware that the non-returns policy applied, I would argue that you are still allowed to return the items

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…