classicgamingpresents.com ??

NotVeryTechie 15:34 03 Apr 08

Hi there

I found a download of Lemmings (the game) on the website click here for £4.99. Is this a trustworthy site to download from? They say the game will work on XP and Vista, but I am not so sure about that. Lemmings only ever worked on DOS.

Any thoughts on this?

techie4me 16:47 03 Apr 08

Only a PO Box address?
No Phone Number i could find.
Very strange for a 'real' gaming company!

Rigga 19:17 03 Apr 08

I thought Lemmings was Abandonware these days, check here > click here < or put Abandonware into google, loads of old games are noe free to download.

HTH. R.

GaT7 19:59 03 Apr 08

"Lemmings only ever worked on DOS." - PC versions (& PlayStation too) have since come out click here.

eBay search click here (sorted by Price + P&P: lowest first). G

donki 13:18 04 Apr 08

Why not just do it properly and use an amiga emulator, I have had hours of fun doing this, a little searching on the net and you soon find the entire Amiga 500 back catalogue.... not to sure on the legality thou :).

brundle 03:42 05 Apr 08

The 5 star review of Sim City is a masterpiece; click here

They're charging for an installer; click here

So get DOSBox yourself and the game in question at one of the sites mentioned above, spend a couple of minutes reading the very simple instructions for DOSBox and save yourself some money. click here

DMahalko 22:01 28 Jun 08

This classicgamingpresents.com is also a advertising link farmer, and just browsing their store items can make pop-up ads appear offering to "Scan your computer", etc.

What annoys me is that I arrived there via Amazon. Stay away. :-(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now