chromebook

faywray 19 Oct 12

Once again the UK gets the worst deal from Google. Not content with paying very little UK tax it now prices the chromebook not $229 but surprise surprise £229.

D@ve 19 Oct 12

I can't see it selling very well to be honest. Especially at that price. I think a tablet is a much more attractive alternative.

interzone55 19 Oct 12

faywray

It's the same with most of the US IT companies, where sterling prices are decided by changing the currency symbol.

One point of mitigation, US prices are quoted without sales tax, as these vary by state from 0% to 11.5% in Illinois, whereas UK prices include the 20% VAT, so the prices are

US: $229 plus state taxes, so up to $255 UK: £229 inc VAT, £190.83 or $309

Forum Editor 19 Oct 12

Transferred to Tech Consumer advice from Speakers Corner.

OTT_B 20 Oct 12

alan14

"US: $229 plus state taxes, so up to $255 UK: £229 inc VAT, £190.83 or $309"

Getting there....

UK price also includes higher import duties (not always) + generally higher logistics and warehousing costs.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message