Chrome sleeving for radiator pipes

Graham. 08:52 16 Jul 10

I've just had a bathroom refurb with new chrome towel warmers. I would like to cover the copper pipe section from the floor in some sort of chrome-effect clip on sleeving. Any ideas, please?

onthelimit 09:04 16 Jul 10

You mean like this click here

BT 09:04 16 Jul 10

have got some

click here-

StuHolmes 09:12 16 Jul 10

Wickes had some when I did our bathroom.

Graham. 09:19 16 Jul 10

It's the smaller pipe, would it be 10mm?

onthelimit 10:54 16 Jul 10

Yes, the normal size is 15, but many radiators use small bore, 10mm.

jack 16:47 16 Jul 10

As sold in Lidl for a 12mm gas pipe run
very effective.

Forum Editor 17:54 16 Jul 10

small-bore piping is rarely used nowadays. I'm surprised your installer didn't use 15mm chrome pipe, it's readily available at any plumbers' merchant.

Otherwise, the chrome snap-ons in BT's link are excellent.

spuds 18:53 16 Jul 10

The chrome or radiator pipe covers can be obtained from most if not all the main diy outlets.

The chrome pipe is not all that much dearer than copper, so if you are a dab hand at diy, change the 'seen' pipes yourself (don't forget extra olives and inhibitor).

woodchip 19:37 17 Jul 10

As FE Chrome pipe should have been fitted, its not a good idea to put another metal sleeve on a copper pipe it may corrode as above use the Chrome Tape. I Used to Fit Kitchens and Bathrooms for MFI years ago Sub Contracted

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…