chrome bookmarks

MJS WARLORD 09:06 21 Jul 14

Is it possible to make chromes bookmarks vertical the same as the favorites tab in internet explorer.

alanrwood 09:40 21 Jul 14

Don't really know what your problem is. In my Chrome the bookmarks are displayed vertically exactly the same as in IE. Can you post a picture of what you get in Chrome and in IE so we can see the difference.

MJS WARLORD 11:12 21 Jul 14

thanks alanrwood maybe i need to explain a bit more , by default chromes bookmarks go horizontal across the top of the screen and you then click a small cheveron on far right to show the ones you cant see.

if you right click in a gap between the bookmarks you see a tab saying bookmark manager , this makes the bookmarks into a vertical column just like internet explorer , the problem is they only look like this for as long as the browser is open , i want the bookmark to be vetical ALL the time.

Woolwell 11:47 21 Jul 14

You are referring to the Bookmarks Bar which is horizontal and I don't think that it can be changed. Bookmarks under other bookmarks show as vertical but do not show all the time.

Woolwell 11:52 21 Jul 14

You may get what you want with an extension like Bookmarks Menu but I haven't tried it.

Batch 16:23 28 Jul 14

Try the Neater Bookmarks extension click here. It uses the same bookmarks information as the Chrome inbuilt capability but is much slicker. I've been using ever since I first got Chrome.

alanrwood 21:16 28 Jul 14

The basis bookmark facility in Chrome shows bookmarks in a vertical column exactly like Internet Explorer. The Bookmarks Bar which runs along the top is completely customisable with whatever individual bookmarks you prefer. You don't need addons at all for this.

When you add a bookmark by using the "Add Bookmark star icon" you can choose where it is put in the menu that drops down. Pick Bookmarks Bar if you want it there or select a different folder below.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5