Christmas Shopping on the Net

The Chemist 19:16 14 Nov 03

Just bought some christmas goodies from Amazon.co.uk and play.com and love the whole web shopping idea !

Got a good shopping web site you can recommend and are willing to share ? Cheap, good quality and reliable are key. Anything goes (small, large, perhaps unique or unusual items for sale).

From someone who hates paying over the odds and likes a bargain !

sdf 19:29 14 Nov 03

novatech generally seem good for technology. Reasonable prices and in my experience fantastic service & reliability.

Willy9b 19:30 14 Nov 03

Register with eBay UK, then start browsing - you'll find plenty of bargains...
A few tips:
1. ALWAYS check the sellers feedback (ie their sales record)Don't risk too much with a 'newbie'
2.Register with PayPal, to speed transactions. It may cost a bit more sometimes, but it's much quicker than waiting for a cheque to clear.
3. ALWAYS check the cost of P&P before you bid!
4. Check your prices (e.g. do a search in google, using 'buy' and 'uk' to focus)before deciding your maximum bid.
5. Read the many help files in eBay itself - there are some excellent FAQs, for example.
Anyone else got any good advice about using eBay successfully??

spuds 19:48 14 Nov 03

There is a vast amount of selling and buying power out there. Try a Google search, and you should find your little treasures.But be a little wary about purchasing from far away lands, or using insecure sites.

recap 20:20 14 Nov 03

For electrical goods click here

For DVD, CD, Games and more click here by the way no VAT, also if you are a student a further discount.

or

click here for some of the same but vat included.

Dipso 22:20 14 Nov 03

I did all my xmas shopping in one place. Boots online click here=
Gifts in all price ranges. Take advantage of their 3 for 2 offers, I got some bargains and it seems quite appropriate for you!

SEASHANTY 12:14 15 Nov 03

Cheap site for internet shopping. Large range of articles both electrical and otherwise click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…