Christmas Shopping

PaulB2005 15:52 02 Nov 05

If i want to start my Xmas shopping this week and i start buying on-line, assuming everything arrives OK by this time next week, what happens if the present is opened and is faulty on Xmas day?

6 weeks after receipt (and i won't have opened the gift to check) will i still be entitled to refund / replacement?

jimv7 16:14 02 Nov 05

Read the terms and conditions of the site you are ordering from.

PaulB2005 16:19 02 Nov 05

... but what does the LAW state.

Some sites may have T&Cs that are at odds with the law in the same way some shops have a NO Refund policy which is totally illegal.

Hamish 16:44 02 Nov 05

click here look at this site or contact your Trading Standards Office

spuds 16:48 02 Nov 05
  De Marcus™ 17:49 02 Nov 05

Why not put your dextrous fingers to work ;-)

A little skill in removing it from the packaging for testing is all that's required. Allbeit you may need to practice origami for some boxes :o)

Jackcoms 18:47 02 Nov 05

Xmas shopping???!!!

Do it the easy way - give them a cheque plus a printed copy of the website page which shows what you WERE going to buy.

The recipient can then buy the item in question at his/her leisure in the New Year sales.

Starfox 18:56 02 Nov 05

Novel idea that one,not sure the grandchildren would appreciate it though.:o)

Jackcoms 19:12 02 Nov 05

Unless my teenage daughters have failed to tell me something, I don't have grandchildren. ;-)

Xzrox 19:34 02 Nov 05

Father Christmas deals with this area, surely? All he asks is that he's fed and supplied with alcohol on Christmas Eve.

Starfox 21:45 02 Nov 05

No meant my grandchildren

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…