christmas gift inspiration for a tekkie-man

bobkitten 11:20 11 Dec 06

hi folks, wondering what to buy a 23-year old male Linux-loving GTA-addicted computer science phd student... it's tricky, as I'm not an expert in such things, and atm I can't think of anything he hasn't already got/can't build for himself...!

any suggestions (no matter how random) would be much appreciated!

SB23 12:03 11 Dec 06

I like this site, loads of stuff to keep you busy, lol.

click here.

I very often browse to see what my wife could, (notice I said could) buy me.

Hope it gives you a few ideas.

Steve

Kate B 12:05 11 Dec 06

Presumably he's got a PSP? If not, how about that plus GTA - Liberty City Stories?

bobkitten 12:25 11 Dec 06

Cheers for the heads-up on Firebox :) what a great site; I particularly love the sound of this: click here
only that'd be more enthralling for me, I fear... mustn't_be_selfish :D

bobkitten 12:30 11 Dec 06

heh, no he doesn't! and I've actually just entered a prize draw to win a PSP here: click here

In the event I don't win, however, it might just be the ideal thing, along with Liberty Stories...though he has built his own GTA server, which takes up the vast majority of his attention >_<

Kate B 12:46 11 Dec 06

Actually, I mistyped - I actually meant Vice City stories, but both are good for the PSP.

spuds 15:12 11 Dec 06

Reading the first intro paragraph, seems to say it all. How about this link, might be something of interest click here :O)

bobkitten 09:53 14 Dec 06

Cheers spuds! That's my present dilemma pretty much sorted... three cheers for teh interweb :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…