Christmas Card Maker

flycatcher1 19:08 03 Nov 08

We normally buy the cheapest cards available and then make a good sized donation to our favourite charity.
This year we would like to have a go at making the cards with our photographs. There seems to be plenty of email card progs about but want to make real ones.
Any suggestions for a card program, preferably Freeware, would be appreciated.

Thanks for any help.

laurie53 19:58 03 Nov 08

I simply buy card blanks from a computer stationery supples outlet and print up our own.

My wife is an amateur artist so there is no lack of original copyright free material to choose from.

Clapton is God 10:04 04 Nov 08

If you have MS Office installed, use Publisher

pj123 15:06 04 Nov 08

I make mine using MS Publisher.

flycatcher1 16:16 07 Nov 08

Thanks for all responses.
Regret I do not have Publisher.
Distaff says that we will go to WH Smith !

alB 16:45 07 Nov 08

Have a look at the free version of Pageplus from Serif, click here after installation you can download templates for Xmas cards etc ...alB

Condom 19:21 07 Nov 08

We normally buy Blanks (Xmas cards without any printing inside) from a local printer who has a good choice of quality designs and then do our own thing with the inside using Word and some pastel coloured A4.

You don't save money but it does feel a little more personal and enjoyable than buying boxes of often quite tacky cards.

flycatcher1 22:55 07 Nov 08

Thanks again for all suggestions. I have D/L Serif and will give it a go.
I toolike the personal touch and I am at a loss to understand why some people send email cards.

Xavier 12:36 08 Nov 08

Just received my copy of the Jan09 mag.
The cover CD has 'Print Perfect' which might be what you are looking for.
P.S. For the FE - my CD will not load. Avast is showing a virus in 'Win32:Help Exp-B[Adw}'
Any comments/advise please?

flycatcher1 09:13 09 Nov 08

Thanks Xavier - another purchase from WH Smith.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…