Choosing Bibliographic Reference Software

Beba 16:11 09 Nov 05

Please help! I'm a first year PhD student and I want to buy a student licence bibliographic referencing package for my laptop, which will link with MS word (windows xp). The two I've been looking at are ProCite and Reference Manager. At the moment I'm leaning towards the latter because my university has IT technicians trained to help with this, though the site licence for it has since lapsed. Does anyone have experience of these packages? Are they easy for non-techno whizzes to use? I'm very grateful for your advice...

Maturin 22:47 09 Nov 05

Reference Manager is fantastic piece of software which I have used for sometime in NHS environment. There are excellent support materials via university IT departments. Most online databases are supported. RM 11.0.1 is latest version. Integrates seamlessly into Word (and Wordperfect).

I cannot recommend RM 11 highly enough.

Beba 09:35 10 Nov 05

thank you for your help Maturin. Could you please tell me whether it's easy or intuitive to learn how to use? I'm a bit of a software airhead....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…