choice stationery ink query

De Nada 16:35 08 Sep 09

Yesterday i took delivery of ink for my epson RX685 printer,whenever i order from choice stationery i always get inkrite carts (11 mls),in this package i received two types of cartridge,five of the carts were Think (no mention of amount) and three were Premium remanufactured containing 9mls, is there a standard quantity, or can it be pot luck depending on who you deal with?,i have used choice since i started printing and always been happy with them,just wondering about ink levels.

spuds 18:09 08 Sep 09

You would need to take this up with Choice, as to the cartridge capacity on the products they sell.

Usually on remanufactured printer cartridges, I have found that the fill capacity is a little higher than original cartridge specifications.

Have you considered a CISS (continuous ink supply system)for your printer, because it will work out far cheaper than replacement cartridges.

De Nada 19:43 08 Sep 09

Thanks spuds,i will have a look and see if its ok for me,the reason i was a bit puzzled was that i had a look at other suppliers,one was selling carts with nineteen mls,more than double choices carts,im still happy to stay with them though,

Taff™ 08:50 09 Sep 09

I agree with spuds on this one - ask Choice why you didn`t get what you ordered - but another word of caution. Choice are very clever at their marketing and their Think cartridges are excellent quality however they don`t actually tell you what the capacity in each cartridge is.

"Our exclusive range of Think cartridges offer you up to 80% savings from the manufacturers own brand of cartridge without compromising on quality. All our Think cartridges are guaranteed to perform to the same standards if not better than the original manufacturers product. Our cartridges are 100% full of ink and are ready to go simply take them out of the box and straight into your printer."

Everything above is true but no mention of the amount of ink in each cartridge so it`s very difficult to make a direct comparison with their competitors. Their latest mailshot claims Prices Slashed on Think branded products:

"We are pleased to pass on genuine price reductions of on average 25% across our wide range of Think branded replacement inkjet products. "

For my printer the price is no different to what it was last week. Shop around! Choice used to be cutting edge in terms of service when they were based in the UK, they lost the edge when they moved to Jersey and there are plenty of equally good suppliers with a much quicker delivery and slightly cheaper prices.

Taff™ 09:10 09 Sep 09

Here`s an example for your printer click here

Even allowing for the £1.49 delivery charge a complete set is slightly cheaper than Choice and notice that these Inkrite Cartridges are 15 ml. I can`t find Inkrite cartridges for your printer on the Choice site. The delivery is also far quicker than Choice because they are UK based. I can`t remember a delivery from Choice (Jersey) arriving within 5 working days.

De Nada 13:46 09 Sep 09

Thanks Taff™, The last few times i have bought from choice it did say Think carts,but when delivered they were inkrite,no problem, good ink,this is the very first time i have had think,and the premium ones i have never seen before,i did a bit of a check on line and found prink inks that give a full set plus one extra black for £13-95 delivered,you are correct on choice delivery,it took five days to arrive when it could be delivered the next day if ordered early.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…