Choice of A3 Inkjet Printers

Biji 10:26 03 Jun 05

Canon i9950, Epson 1290S or HP? - I'm looking for best quality photo printing (but also very good general printing)

Aspman 11:43 03 Jun 05

Used a HP CP1700 previously, quiet and but some banding was noticed on large areas of similar colour. Got similar atifacts with a HP Deskjet 1220c.

Some of the large Canons have cheap ink available but I left that particular job before they were used in anger.

Sorry I can't recommend anything.

siouxah1 11:52 03 Jun 05

I can recommend the i9950.

Purchased one e week or so ago. Can honestly say it is fast and quiet. The output on A3 is what I would consider as excellant.

The photo quality output on A3 Ilford Galerie and Fujifilm glossy is excellant. Have not tried Canon PR101 yet. Theroretically this should be better.

all sharp and with good contrast.

Cannot judge it against other printers as I have not seen output.

Remember though that it has 8 cartridges at between £6 and £8 each. The paper can cost from £0.75 per sheet upwards.

I must say I would not change. The black text out put is good and fast. But I use another A4 printer for text pages.

plus of course the i9950 will print on CD's DVD's

Regards Brian

PS If you have any other queries please feel free to contact me.

siouxah1 11:53 03 Jun 05

Forgot to mention it is big. Not for a small desk.

pj123 11:56 03 Jun 05

I have a friend who has the Epson 1290.

A couple of weeks ago he won 2 first awards in a photographic competition with A3 prints on Glossy paper and ink from Choice Stationery.

Must say something for the quality of Epson?

Can't comment on the other printers as I only use Epson myself.

exdragon 18:41 03 Jun 05

Agree with pj123: the photographic club I belong to has several 1290 users, including me, and I reckon the printing is faultless.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now