Chipped cartridges

grandpoops 21:06 14 Oct 03

Thanks for your responce but will refilled chipped cartridges work without being reset?

TOPCAT® 22:50 14 Oct 03

Thankfully, my Epson 760 is unchipped, but in answer to your question I would think the chip would have to be reset after or before filling it.

click here for a universal chip resetter and its instructions for use. Good luck! TC.

TOPCAT® 22:58 14 Oct 03

;o) TC.

spuds 23:05 14 Oct 03

grandpoops previous posting click here

You will find that a chipped cartridge will require resetting [if possible] when the lack of ink contents or time expiry as 'tripped in'.The chip device was an intended way, to make the cartridge unusable, so it would have been a case of a new cartridge purchase. That was the method behind the sale of cheap printers.In some cases it may pay you, to dump the printer and recycle it,then buy another cheap printer, due the the expensive cartridge replacements.

Printer manufacturers are not very happy, about refills and compatibles. In fact, I think it was Lexmark, who have had a recent court case on copyright and compatibles.

I have just reset a colour cartridge using a 'Jettec' chip resetter from 'the computer world' at avery cheap price of £8.99.Using this will save me a packet.

The Sack 23:57 14 Oct 03

Epson inks can be bought pre-chipped from Choice for less than £4 including P&P so i cant see the point in messing about to be honest click here

krypt1c 06:05 15 Oct 03

I get my epson compatible pre-chipped from click here I've a C62 and they sell black @ £2.91 colour @ £3.75 including standard delivery. You can save more if you buy 6 packs. Just bought 2 black / 1 colour for less than £12.00. Epson original costa more thna that for 1.

The Spires 12:07 15 Oct 03

We all have our ways of doing things but as an ex avid refiller I moved over to buying compatable cartiges from click here. I do miss the kitchen sink being multi coloured for several days and my fingers looking like I smoke 500 a day though. (gloves? thats for wimps :-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…