Chins warns of a new and nasty virus

TopCat® 17:12 23 Nov 09

Not yet reached Europe by all accounts, but from the comments - click here - it appears to be infecting just Windows machines. TC.

TopCat® 17:14 23 Nov 09

Chins? - China of course. doh! TC.

961 19:05 23 Nov 09

Thought you were talking Desperate Dan for a moment!

TopCat® 20:33 23 Nov 09

Now you're beginning to show your age! Remember those enormous cow pies? :o) TC.

jack 08:56 24 Nov 09

Google the report?
It seems to me so many of the 'Nasties' warnings are
Urban legend or Hoaxes.

Input Overload 12:38 24 Nov 09

Another case for using TrueImage to back your Windows up. whatever happens it's just a 10 minute job to be running normally again.

Forum Editor 18:31 24 Nov 09

have issued a warning about this so far - probably because they are all analysing the information that has been published.

The warning has been reported by several Chinese news sources, but details are sketchy - that's not unusual in China. Probably as many as 85% of all Chinese home computers are infected with something - I have not once used a completely clean machine (apart from my own laptop) in China - it's a paradise for virus writers.

That something as apparently harmful as this has caused so much trouble in China, yet doesn't appear to have reached Europe is surprising, to say the least. It will be interesting to see how the story develops.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…