Chillblast Fusion Raider 6600

roger69 20:14 30 May 07

Hi saw this computer Chillblast Fusion Raider 6600 £1,000, it had a really good write up in the magazine, but not heard of the company before. What’s the company like? Support, Quality etc are they any good and also are there any computers/company's to match for the price I tend to buy a brand new computer every 4 or 5 years, I’m not into updating components so will this suffice till 2011/12
Looking to buy in the next week or two
Thanks in advance for any advice

roger69 21:53 31 May 07

I forgot to ask the question 32 bit or 64 bit, I am kinda sold on the system, just any tweaks I should go for..or any other system I don't know alot about computers its just that I buy a new one every 4 to 5 years bit of video editing, bit of word etc just want it to be future proof ish

Kate B 21:59 31 May 07

Nice system. I'd go for 32bit - you might run into issues with drivers for 64bit Vista.

Totally-braindead 22:04 31 May 07

This is it I presume click here
Seems nice enough, haven't dealt with them before personally so cannot comment on that but I wouldn't get the 64 bit version of windows either as Kate B says there might be driver problems. Stick to the 32 bit version.

roger69 22:34 31 May 07

Thanks for the replys, So it's going to be a 32 bit baby,what I would like is some feed back with people that have dealt with the company before. I really like the 2 years collect and return warranty plus lifetime telephone support. Which to me means they have a lot of belief in there systems. its just that I have never heard of them before mind you I am typing this out on a time machine....

Totally-braindead 01:04 01 Jun 07

I have heard of them roger69 its just I haven't had any personal dealing with them and haven't seen a lot of posts about them.
Personally if I was looking for a new PC I would consider Novatech although I believe you only get a one year warranty and Evesham who appear to be well thought of though I haven't dealt with personally either.
Hopefully someone on the forum has one of their PCs and can elaborate about them.

roger69 16:28 06 Jun 07

Today actually, wanted a computer quick by the weekend so gave them a call there was a "clocked" one ready to go. Goes even faster and still covered by the 2 year warranty extra £30 quid plus vat, it should be with me on friday will let you know how I get on....
lastly thanks to kate band Totally-braindead for there help and advice

Kate B 19:35 06 Jun 07

Great stuff, let us know what it's like when you get it.

roger69 09:28 10 Jun 07

It's arrived friday morning looks very good great screen, one minor downside no keyboard/ mouse one very quick phone call and I should get them tuesday (probably lost in transit) spent a bit of time upgrading my drivers to vista scanner etc the only thing

roger69 09:29 10 Jun 07

that I am having anightmare with is trying to get my bluetooth dongle to work with my phone, but thats a vista thing overall very happy with chillblast and would defo use them again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac