Chillblast Experience

oibits 09:33 31 Jan 11

Anyone bought a Chillblast in say the last 6 months or so and would care to comment on the experience and the quality of the system?

GaT7 11:45 31 Jan 11

Did you see the Computer Reliability and Service Awards 2010 click here?

PCA discussion thread about the same click here.

No company is perfect, & I wish you the best with whoever you choose to go for eventually. G

oibits 11:55 31 Jan 11

Thanks for the response. I've seen they appear on A-lists and so on and that's encouraging, but I've been looking for someone who has really bought one.

I've always bought Dell and have been happy, but I really like the customisation service that Chillblast is offering and I want to test the waters before taking the plunge.

GaT7 12:50 31 Jan 11

A 'Chillblast' search at PCA threw up the following threads click here - there's one 'Beware Chillblast' thread but not much else negative about them. Which can only be a good thing - try doing a search for Mesh instead! G

ame 15:18 01 Feb 11

Bought a Chillblast Fusion Bullet for my son in December click here It came with a different case and PSU than the "standard" ones I ordered but when I queried it Chillblast assured me they were equivalent or slightly better budget versions than those advertised. They should have asked me first, but agreed to upgrade the PSU at their normal charge if I wanted to buy a better one. In the end I didn't as I can upgrade it myself later when I need to and the warranty is out. Always replied to my emails promptly. Best to phone and check what they are using as possible substitute parts before you order, but otherwise their service was good.

961 15:37 01 Feb 11

In the end it really depends of if the thing works and does the business

In the fast moving world of buying parts for computer assembly I can fully understand the dilemma of a manufacturer trying to decide if he should buy an alternative (but equal or better) part if the one he has specified is on back order or decide to disappoint a buyer with late delivery

In most cases the substituted part will do the business otherwise the maker wouldn't do it

At the end of the day I think it's the manufacturer's name and reputation that you need to consider

If the supplier builds good computers and has a good reputation it really is not worth getting upset if he has to substitute a component in order to get your computer to you on time

oibits 17:07 01 Feb 11

ame, I agree that you should be informed regarding any changes even if they are upgrades.

How was the build quality of the PC and have you had any problems since?

ame 13:58 04 Feb 11

Build quality seemed fine. I had to fit the graphics card myself as Chillblast said it was better that way to avoid damage in transit. The graphics card came in its original unopened box and was no problem to fit. No problems so far.....

GaT7 15:14 04 Feb 11

That's a very wise thing they're doing - i.e. making the buyer fit the graphics card on arrival.

Some of them are so heavy these days that they are known to literally snap off their PCI-E slot in transit! G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant