Cheapest ISPs

Goldcroft 08:23 16 Apr 03

Have just found a site, 08Whatever.com, which claims to find you the cheapest ISP for your needs. You fill out an on line form and get a virtually instantaneous answer.

Anyone got any comments? Is it truely unbiased?Bit concerned to see that the site would appear to have been last updated on June 6. Does not say which year, but assume 2002!

A lot of the alternatives it comes up with are not the well known ones (tiscali, surfanytime etc) and some of the suggestions are unknowns to me: Powergen, Rabbit, Eclipse, Tiny, which I have never seen mentioned on this forum or others.

wallabe 10:10 16 Apr 03

I have looked at the site after your suggestion and it looks reasonable to me. I don't know where it says 'last updated June' as it stresses the ISP charts are updated 'twice a day' from what I can see. I think it's good they include lesser known ISP's and these should not be overlooked. I tried the wizzard and it gave me no suggestions but thats because I am on Telewest line. I didn't want to change from Telewest Broadband at £25 a month as it has been superb, just looked out of curiousty and it didn't twig that 08whatever meant dial up. I think its a handy tool but maybe more research on the suggestions would be a good idea.

Goldcroft 11:05 16 Apr 03

It's on the banner of the home page: "updated June 6 at 13.52 GMT". Incidentally on the sites news page see the article on Tiscali. Seems to bear out what this and other forums have been saying.

Goldcroft 08:42 17 Apr 03

Does anyone have experience or info re the ISP services (dial up) from Eclipse, Powergen or Surfanytime? Would be grateful for any reply that would make my decision easier. Thanks.

Goldcroft 09:59 17 Apr 03

Please disregard previous question. Have signed up with Firenet. Here's keeping my fingers crossed, but certainly their signing on help was first rate. They can't be worse than tiscali.

colberly 16:14 17 Apr 03

Just had a look at 08whatever and filled in the quetionaire and according to my criteria the best ISP for me anyway seems to be AOL who I am already signed up with.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…