Cheapest DVD player?!??!

GibsonSt19 14:48 08 Dec 03

Anyone know where the cheapest DVD players can be found, preferably with MP3 capabilities??

Thanks guys and gals

Belatucadrus 15:30 08 Dec 03
  GibsonSt19 15:50 08 Dec 03

Nice swan!

Stuartli 16:20 08 Dec 03

Seen 'em at £29.99 but Asda have one under its Pacific brand name at £37.95 that my son tells me will play absolutely anything placed in its tray...:-)

lamachan 18:28 08 Dec 03

Make sure that the DVD player will play the type of discs that you want. I wanted a player for VCD discs and found that quite a lot do not support this format.

jaydeeace 19:20 08 Dec 03

Yeah, definitely Richer Sounds - more "techie" than ASDA and do a price match for any local store. Last time I checked their idea of local, it was about 75 miles, but don't quote me!

machow 20:15 08 Dec 03

aria.co.uk have some pretty good players at low prices. I bought one and it will support pretty much anything.

Bapou 23:12 08 Dec 03

I agree with Stuartli's son.The Pacific may not look stylish but makes up for it in price plus performance.

Lead 00:17 09 Dec 03

Just be careful and don't forget you get what you pay for.

I have had 4 'cheap' DVD players and they have all developed problems within months. Their picture quality was pretty dire (from the start) and they all developed audio sync issues.

I suppose when they cost £30, you could just buy a new one every year when the warranty expires. ;)

I would advise spending at least £150, preferably >£200.

Having said that, I have just ordered (under recommendation) one of these for my dad's Christmas present:

click here

At £99 relatively inexpensive, it can be made region-free very easily and it will play most formats. Can't say (yet) how it will perform/last, but it's had rave reviews.

Stuartli 08:35 09 Dec 03

You usually get what you pay for but a DVD player is basically little more than a glorified CD player..

Richer Sounds is a long established hi-fi etc outlet that has been offering new and discontinued equipment from some of the world's top manufacturers at very (usually VERY) good prices.

It's similar, to those who know Morgan Computers, in its operation.

There is a website which is kept fully up to date at, not suprisingly(!):

click here

Stuartli 08:37 09 Dec 03

...just repeated Belatucadrus's link...:-(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…