cheapest dial-up isp?

Bailey08787 13:19 29 Jan 03

hello

with all this broadband furore i figure that there must be some pretty dirt-cheap 56k dial-up isps now - right?

I don't really have the need for broadband at the moment - but as it seems a trillion times better, and can be had for only a fiver more than the current £15 a month i pay for my dial-up isp, i figure their must be some cheaper dial-up isps out there by now.

I'm not particularly fussed about how good their support is - just want a cheap, unmetered, dial-up isp.

Any suggestions?

Lú-tzé 14:19 29 Jan 03

click here - v21.

There are occasionally connection probs at peak time but for £9.99 per month, not bad.

jazzypop 14:26 29 Jan 03

Go to click here and use their ISP wizard.

There are many, many companies offering unmetered access at less than £15 per month.

Incidentally, many people think that the opposite may well be true - that ISPs are raising dial-up charges to 'encourage' people to switch to BB.

Bapou 22:41 29 Jan 03

I certainly thank you for that advice, I'm looking for a change of ISP and this is a great help.

jazzypop 22:57 29 Jan 03

My pleasure - be sure to check out the user ratings before making your final choice.

goonerbill 23:10 29 Jan 03

have a look at this site click here thinking of signing up for the broadband, just a couple of quid dearer than AOL dial up.

darrboy1 18:42 30 Jan 03

having been with tiscai for a year, problems with billing and connection i have found a corker. For £6.99 a month you get unlimited access with no limits. They have boasted a 10:1 contention ratio, I have had very few problems connecting.They disconnect you after 15 mins of no activity, so I use a little program called 'stay alive' which keeps me connected all day long.Remember the name 'fast4'

Steinman 18:48 30 Jan 03

£10 a month. 2hr cut-off tho can reconnect straight away.Reliable.

conzalis 18:54 30 Jan 03

I don't know wether it's umeatered or only off peak but Tiscali do a dialup service for £4.99 per Month!

anonmouse 19:21 30 Jan 03

many thanks to darrboy 1 i thought uk stamp were the cheapest they also offer £6.99 unmeterd but you need to pay several months in advance. fast 4 have that beat no contract! ill try them when my aol free trial expires

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017