Is Cheap Windows XP Professional 2003 a good deal?

billy 21:54 14 Jan 04

I have been receiving unsolicited emails offering me Windows XP Profesional 2002 for $39 with CD and identity number. If it is a 2002 edition I guess I could download any fixes etc from Microsoft site. Is this like Windows XP Home with extras, and a great deal?

Al94 22:07 14 Jan 04

You won't get any advice on that here. Best keep your money in your pocket. "If it seems too good to be true ---- etc"

spuds 23:18 14 Jan 04

If this is the same company that keeps sending me emails on their fantastic discount software promotions, then do as I do 'delete'. Prices to good to be true.Did they give a stateside address, or wasn't it displayed!.

johnnyrocker 00:07 15 Jan 04

there are very few free luches and even fewer bargains specially from some groat who acquired your mail addy from unsolicited means, the choice as always is yours.

ajm 00:20 15 Jan 04

if you are a student or teacher or a parent of a student you can buy a Student version of Office 2003 from PC World for £99.99. This can be installed on upto 3 home computers for non-commercial use.

billy 18:28 17 Jan 04

The consenus i "it's too good to be true", and in answer to spuds it is a Stateside address. My only other thought was that if they were trying to con me why highlight it is a 2002 edition (unlike my header where I mis-typed 2003)? was there something amiss with 2002 version, or are they being very devious in presenting aposibel reason for the low, low price?

jaydeeace 18:36 17 Jan 04

who knows - but I liken it to some bloke coming over to you in the pub and offering you £20k for an hour's work... seems lke a good deal until you find out that it's highly illegal! I imagine any microsoft stuff that's that cheap is of the pirate variety. Steer clear ;o)

P.S: I have no idea what the going rate is in the pub scenario mentioned above, just a guess...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…