Cheap unpowered speakers

Sir Radfordin™ 15:35 23 May 03

Anyone know any cheap speakers that don't need to be powered? Have a user that claims she has missed two appointments since getting a new computer as it doesn't have sound.

The can be a cheap as you like, I don't want to arrange for additional power to be installed to allow them to work!

Yes thats the real reason!

beeuuem 16:01 23 May 03

From click here
For reasons best known to themselves these are listed under 'Sound and vision'>headphones!

Part number A08AR
200W G-350 Speakers £12.99
200W PMPO power output
·Unique power plug draws power from your PC
·No need for extra mains socket
·Frequency: 100Hz - 18kHz
·Power, volume, tone

Part number L12AL
Personal Speakers SRS-A27 £19.99

Output power 2Wrms
. Volume control
. Can be used as a passive speaker
. Battery powered

Stuartli 17:59 23 May 03

You can get Creative speakers for well under £20 at places like Staples and even cheaper, but not quite as good ones, from various outlets such as those made in China and similar countries.

Patr100 18:21 23 May 03

I found that a pair of JVC speakers, the kind you connect to a Walkman worked Ok for basic sound and monitoring - I found that they worked without any batteries or needing to be plugged in. Not very loud of course but fine for general use and monitoring.

Belatucadrus 00:22 24 May 03

I've used a really cheap set of walkman speakers in the past, only cost a couple of quid, not pretty and the sound quality was awful but it worked as long as the sound card was up to it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…