Cheap Telephone Calls

Terry Brown 10:05 10 Apr 08

I am looking for a Telephone package that gives cheap calls, however I have a Virgin (Cable) line and most want a BT line.
I am currently using Onetel, however the 'Phonepal' box is failing and it seems that cannot (will not) supply them any more.
Terry

anchor 10:59 10 Apr 08

Have look at the 18185 service.

click here

Go to FAQ`s, then click on:

Am I able to use 18185 if I'm with NTL, TalkTalk or Telewest?

answer: Yes! Once you have registered your telephone number and payment details you can start using Call18185 immediately. From non-BT landlines just dial 0808 1 703 703 , wait for the voiceprompt and enter the follow-on telephone number.

rates here:

click here

I assume that Virgin is similar to NTL.

pj123 12:07 10 Apr 08

How cheap do you want?

I am on Virgin cable phone and I pay £14 a month on top of my line rental £11 and all calls to 01 and 02 numbers are free.

click here

Looks like I need to ring Virgin myself. I'm paying a total of £25 and they are now advertising it at £18.95.

pj123 12:19 10 Apr 08

Well, Virgin have explained.

I have the basic package at £18.95 plus itemised billing, voicemail and call barring bringing it up to £25.

Covergirl 12:22 10 Apr 08

There was an article on this - I think it was on It Pays To Watch, however, their website click here doesn't have any particular link to this article, but you could watch past editions online or maybe it's in the FAQ which aren't available to me at work.

Money Saving Expert site will probably have some information on this type of thing. It's their sort of area . .. ?

Terry Brown 13:59 10 Apr 08

pj123
I uggest you go to the click here website and check out the plans, you may be pleasantly surprised.
Terry

Cheap calls
Most of my calls are less than 5 minutes and 7p connection charge +3 p per minute soon mounts up.

I have selected First:telecom as my new call supplier click here as there is no pre-dial number (plug in box), the calls are cheaper (1.6p peak)and no connection charge.
I will still pay my line rental to Virgin, but no call charges.
Terry

Sapins 16:14 10 Apr 08

Have alook at this click here

Al94 17:25 10 Apr 08

I registered with 18185 to keep in touch with a friend in South Africa, it is worse that useless. Every time I try to call, I can hear her but she cant hear me. I believe it's a common problem. Unfortunately shes not computer savy so Skype is out of the question.

beeuuem 18:17 10 Apr 08

I use 18185 and have very very rarely had any problems with local or overseas calls.

Sapins 20:58 10 Apr 08

Have a look at my link. You just need a computer to instigate the call, then you use your ordinary phone. I have been using it for a long time, 1 hour call = 31/2p and if you click on disconnect on the page you dial on you can talk as long as you like.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac